Thursday, 10 March 2011
Insight News about ZTE SmartPad Light V9 Android Tab
Apple’s iPad was the trendsetter of tablet PCs, providing a new entertainment experience for the Internet. Just as a photographer carries a compact digital camera as well as an SLR, so too a laptop is complemented by a Pad device. In keeping with the latest trends, ZTE has launched its own Pad. Following the Trend of Tablet PCs iPad has become so popular around the world that it has almost become synonymous with the term “tablet PC”. However, ZTE Light (V9) is thinner, cheaper, and has gained a significant place in the tablet PC market.
1. A tablet or a mobile phone? The first generation iPad was Wi-Fi-only. Because of iPad’s excellent performance, the 3G+Wi-Fi version was highly anticipated. However, the fact that it did not support voice calls disappointed many Apple fans. Perhaps for a Pad device, voice calls are not a necessity, but the absence of this function was still disappointing. Whereas iPad has a microSIM card slot, ZTE Light has a SIM card slot. A 3G card can be easily swapped between ZTE Light and 3G mobile phones without the need to cut the SIM card. ZTE Light not only supports WCDMA 3G connectivity but also voice calls and SMS. As far as voice calls are concerned, ZTE Light is superior to the iPad. Although Skype calls can be made on iPad, they are not as convenient as direct voice calls.
2. Why 7 inches? Screen size is a major feature of handheld digital devices. Equipped with large color LCDs, early mobile phones ushered in an era of networked multimedia, and large touchscreens gave birth to iPhones and iPads. ZTE Light has a 7-inch TFT resistive screen with 262000 colors and 480×800 pixel resolution; it is more compact and portable than the 9.6-inch iPad. The screen has good display effects for browsing websites or watching videos.
3. A cost-effective tablet ZTE will cooperate with global operators to competitively price ZTE Light, which is positioned as a cost-effective tablet and is intended to attract trendy young people and home users. iPad’s portability is limited to domestic spaces. At 192mm × 110mm × 12.6mm and with a plastic shell, the ZTE Light is smaller and lighter than iPad. ZTE Light provides up to 10 hours of usage time so that you can stay connected almost anywhere.
Closer to the Mass Market than iOS4 The Android platform is more open than iOS4. No doubt video conversion and synchronization is a nightmare for iPad users. Even if an iPad is jailbroken, there is still a stability problem. But ZTE Light runs on Android—like the Samsung Galaxy Tab—and provides a more open Internet experience than iPad.
1. The Android difference ZTE Light is equipped with Android v2.1 OS and is similar to a smartphone. Generally speaking, the difference between ZTE Light and mobile phones running on an Android OS is small. Compared with an Android mobile phone, ZTE Light has a shortcut bar at the bottom of the screen that includes five commonly-used functions: app, dial, contacts, SMS, and e-mail. The bar remains on the top of the desktop regardless of which homescreen it is dragged to. ZTE Light has five homescreens, sufficient to accommodate all applications.
2. Rich entertainment experience How could a Pad not provide good entertainment? Numerous games can be downloaded from the Android Market, including gravity sensor games. Another advantage of Android is that many apps are free. The built-in image viewer is cool. Together with gravity sensor control, users have a refreshing experience viewing pictures in full screen or slideshow mode.
A camera is another feature that iPad lacks. ZTE Light has a 3 megapixel camera with optional settings such as ISO, sharpness, saturation, and white balance that enable users to have greater control when taking pictures. Running on Android, ZTE Light gives great performance. Its openness, support for voice calls and camera are unique features that are absent in the iPad. And the longer battery life and larger screen size of ZTE Light outclass ordinary Android phones. Its affordable price makes it viable as a mass market tablet.